Radtke Contractors Inc. has 54 years of experience in providing superior service to our customers. We specialize in heavy civil and marine contracting including making bridges, marine construction, earth moving, earth retention, road building, pile driving, boat lift manufacturing, snow removal, and design/build services. Our family-owned business employs experienced, reliable and dependable team mates who are encouraged to continuously improve and advance within our company. We offer full benefits including a 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match.
Due to continuous growth, we are looking to add a grade specialist/surveyor to our excavating division’s team.
- Learn and follow safety regulations
- Understand construction drawings as they pertain to site and footing excavation work.
- Perform basic measurements.
- Perform layout for proposed site improvements
- Set up site lasers and use grade rod to set and check grades on job sites.
- Mathematically inclined to calculate cuts and fills.
- Use measuring tapes.
- Radtke uses a GeoMax Zenith 35 Pro GPS system for layout work. Candidate would need to be willing to learn how to operate this equipment. Training will be provided.
- Help performing various labor and/or office tasks to keep projects moving.
- Experience with rotary lasers
- Experience interpreting plans and civil engineering drawings.
- Effective communication
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Core work week M – Fr, 7:00am – 4:30pm, will vary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour