Radtke Contractors Inc. has 54 years of experience in providing superior service to our customers. We specialize in heavy civil and marine contracting including making bridges, marine construction, earth moving, earth retention, road building, pile driving, boat lift manufacturing, snow removal, and design/build services. Our family-owned business employs experienced, reliable and dependable team mates who are encouraged to continuously improve and advance within our company. We offer full benefits including a 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match.
Due to continuous growth, we are looking to add a heavy equipment and truck mechanic to our team. This position will have the responsibilities to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, diesel and pneumatic equipment.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Preform Annual DOT inspections on Trucks and Trailers
- Replace / Repair Brakes to DOT Standards on Trucks and Trailers
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
- Assemble gear systems and align frames and gears.
- Work independently or on a team
- 3+ years of similar type work
- Core work week M – Fr, 7:00am – 4:30pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $29.00 /hour